The Challenge.Like most professional speakers, Michel Neray has his own company (The Essential Message). As he began serving more corporate clients, he also wanted to target more corporate speaking gigs. His speaking website looked much the same as his company website, and he wanted to redesign it in a way that made the two sites look completely different.
- A professional online presence that reflected their mission and their caliber of client, but that was still warm and friendly.
- A design that put Michel, and his mission, as the focus.
- A way to organize content simply on a page, to keep clicking and/or scrolling to a minimum.
- Integration with eSpeakers video library and event calendar.
- An easy way to collect and display testimonials.
- We ‘broke’ the usual WordPress theme conventions by creating a custom layout for the home page that put Michel front and centre, and moved navigation and other links to the left.
- We incorporated Michel’s mission statement above the main navigation on the home page, and in front of it on inside pages.
- We incorporated rotating quotes that reinforced Michel’s mission on the home page.
- We organized longer content, such as keynotes and biographical information, into easy-to-read tabs or accordions, so users could access large amounts of information without having to click back and forth between pages.
- We integrated Michel’s eSpeakers account with his website, so he could easily display his event calendar and speaking videos.
- We set up and implemented a third-party testimonial management system (Testimonial Director) to display rotating testimonials on both of his websites, while only needing to update or add to them from one location.
Michel recently had new pictures taken, so we’ll be doing another revamp of his website very soon!